Rebecca Marie Gomez is a typical Los Angeles teenager apart from having what you may call an old head on young shoulders. At the age of 9 she had a moment where she wondered what direction her life was taking, something every adult goes through in later years! She grew up listening to Soul legends like James Brown and Etta James while helping her mother clean and making Mexican food with her grandmother. Also, her idols were the likes of Christina Aguilera and Jennifer Lopez while also taking in the Latin sounds of her father's Mexican ranchera songs.
Becky G taught herself guitar at age 13 and two years earlier she wrote and recorded her own songs on Garageband on the Internet. She has done voice overs and commercials to help her parents with money and in 2011 a lucky break came her way. Putting videos of herself on YouTube singing and rapping her own lyrics over famous songs caught the eye of producer Dr Luke, who signed her up for his Kemosabe record label! Luke had previously worked with such high profile stars as Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson and Britney Spears.
After a few collaborations on singles with Cody Simpson, Cher Lloyd and Kesha, Becky has released several singles including her biggest hit so far in 2014 "Shower" which hit the Billboard chart's highest placing of #16. She also appeared on "Excuse My Rude" on Jessie J's second album "Alive".
Becky G is a potential superstar, she certainly has an intelligence and savvy beyond her years. She says of her songs, "all I'm doing is putting my life on paper". Her Rap-Pop-Latin style is certainly growing on the American public and the world will soon take notice. Becky's debut album will soon be following in the footsteps of her initial E.P. "Play It Again" and she has already previewed 4 tracks as singles.
Popular posts from this blog
- KINA GRANNIS
- NEW MUSIC EAR HALLOWEEN SPECIAL - "SCARY ROCKERS!"...
- BECKY G
- BETTY WHO
- NOTHING BUT THIEVES
- SABRINA CARPENTER
- FOREVER STILL
- SEASON OF GHOSTS
- DEBATE ARTICLE - "WHAT MAKES AN IDOL AND ICON?"
- THE RUA
- WOLF ALICE
- CHASING DRAGONS
- NEW MUSIC ALBUM REVIEW - THE FIREFLYS - "THE ILLUM...
- MIRANDA MULHOLLAND
- RACHEL COLLIS
- NEW MUSIC ALBUM REVIEW - VIRGINIA HAZE - "GENUINE"...
- THE APRIL MAZE
- SUNNY OZELL
- HANNAH BOLEYN
- THEME ARTICLE - "NEW MUSIC EAR'S TRIBUTE TO A MUSI...
- MOOSE BLOOD
- MEILYR JONES
- SUNFLOWER BEAN
- FRANKI LOVE
- ABIGAIL BLAKE/HYDRA LERNA
- JOSEPH & MAIA
- NEW MUSIC EAR CHRISTMAS SPECIAL - "LOVE, FUN AND S...
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - INDIE ROCK BAND "THE ARGUES"
- NEW MUSIC ALBUM REVIEW - THE CORRIDORS - "END OF T...
- NEW MUSIC ALBUM REVIEW - MARIKA RAUSCHER - "A BROK...
- NEW MUSIC E.P. REVIEW - SONIC CARTEL - "SONIC CART...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - ADAM & THE ANTS - "KINGS OF...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - DURAN DURAN - "RIO"
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - BLUES AND COUNTRY ARTIST "LUCY...
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - ROCK ARTIST "KALEB MCKANE"
- DEBATE ARTICLE - "HAVE DJ's AND PRODUCERS TAKEN OV...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - BON JOVI - "SLIPPERY WHEN W...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - BLONDIE - "EAT TO THE BEAT"...
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - ROCK BAND "STARTS HILL"
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - EUROPE - "THE FINAL COUNTDO...
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - FOLK AND BLUES ARTIST "SEPHTY"...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - SPANDAU BALLET - "TRUE"
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - SOUL ARTIST "ELSA CHAPMAN"
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - INXS - "LISTEN LIKE THIEVES...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - MADONNA - "LIKE A PRAYER"
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - ALTERNATIVE ROCK BAND "CURSE O...
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - COUNTRY ROCK ARTIST "CHANCE MC...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - ERASURE - "THE INNOCENTS"
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD -...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - TORI AMOS - "LITTLE EARTHQU...