Ferris are an Indie Rock/Pop band from Leicester in England. The band consist of Scott Grocock (lead vocals and guitar)/Rob Bourgault (guitars an vocals)/Nick Wale (drums, percussion and vocals). The band have been on the scene since 2001 although the current line-up have been together since 2011. Their music is a 60s and 70s influenced Rock and Roll fusion. Great musicianship and harmonies that sound like the great "beat" bands of that time.
The band have been creating a great live following and have already supported Reverend And The Makers, The Alarm, Crowded House and Radiohead as well as appearing in the Isle of Wight festival. The band released a self-produced album titled "Speak Up" in 2013.
I could only find their second album "Pathfinder" downloadable in Russia only! However, I have heard enough tracks on Soundcloud to see the talent in these guys. Hearing Pathfinder via YouTube it is more Psychedelic sounding than the previous album, basically the first album is set in the 60s and the second the 70s.
The band released their own World Cup song for the national team in 2014 entitled "A Love As Big As England" which got lots of airplay on the radio. Tracks to look out for by the band are my favourites "Castle Road" and "Do You Mean It". I sense big things and they've earned it for sticking together so long. The band should make the tracks readily available to all so we can hear the great music but other than that, check these guys out!
Popular posts from this blog
- KINA GRANNIS
- NEW MUSIC EAR HALLOWEEN SPECIAL - "SCARY ROCKERS!"...
- BECKY G
- BETTY WHO
- FIRE TIGER
- NOTHING BUT THIEVES
- SABRINA CARPENTER
- FOREVER STILL
- SEASON OF GHOSTS
- DEBATE ARTICLE - "WHAT MAKES AN IDOL AND ICON?"
- THE RUA
- WOLF ALICE
- CHASING DRAGONS
- NEW MUSIC ALBUM REVIEW - THE FIREFLYS - "THE ILLUM...
- MIRANDA MULHOLLAND
- RACHEL COLLIS
- NEW MUSIC ALBUM REVIEW - VIRGINIA HAZE - "GENUINE"...
- THE APRIL MAZE
- SUNNY OZELL
- HANNAH BOLEYN
- THEME ARTICLE - "NEW MUSIC EAR'S TRIBUTE TO A MUSI...
- MOOSE BLOOD
- MEILYR JONES
- SUNFLOWER BEAN
- FRANKI LOVE
- ABIGAIL BLAKE/HYDRA LERNA
- JOSEPH & MAIA
- NEW MUSIC EAR CHRISTMAS SPECIAL - "LOVE, FUN AND S...
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - INDIE ROCK BAND "THE ARGUES"
- NEW MUSIC ALBUM REVIEW - THE CORRIDORS - "END OF T...
- NEW MUSIC ALBUM REVIEW - MARIKA RAUSCHER - "A BROK...
- NEW MUSIC E.P. REVIEW - SONIC CARTEL - "SONIC CART...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - ADAM & THE ANTS - "KINGS OF...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - DURAN DURAN - "RIO"
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - BLUES AND COUNTRY ARTIST "LUCY...
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - ROCK ARTIST "KALEB MCKANE"
- DEBATE ARTICLE - "HAVE DJ's AND PRODUCERS TAKEN OV...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - BON JOVI - "SLIPPERY WHEN W...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - BLONDIE - "EAT TO THE BEAT"...
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - ROCK BAND "STARTS HILL"
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - EUROPE - "THE FINAL COUNTDO...
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - FOLK AND BLUES ARTIST "SEPHTY"...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - SPANDAU BALLET - "TRUE"
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - SOUL ARTIST "ELSA CHAPMAN"
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - INXS - "LISTEN LIKE THIEVES...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - MADONNA - "LIKE A PRAYER"
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - ALTERNATIVE ROCK BAND "CURSE O...
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - COUNTRY ROCK ARTIST "CHANCE MC...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - ERASURE - "THE INNOCENTS"
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD -...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - TORI AMOS - "LITTLE EARTHQU...