Sunflower Bean are an Indie band from Brooklyn, New York, U.S.A. The trio with Jacob Faber (drums), Julia Cumming (bass and vocals) and Nick Kivlin (guitar and vocals) formed as a teenage group in 2013. The band released their first E.P. in 2015 entitled "Show Me Your Seven Secrets" and have just released their debut album, "Human Ceremony" this year.
The trio's sound is an eclectic mix of straight 70s Rock and Roll, early Punk to dreamy, psychedelic pop. I first saw the band in the video for "Easier Said" and they reminded me a little of The Cardigans early records, a light pop with beautiful harmonies and guitars. The genre hopping continues through "Human Ceremony" and its what makes this band look forward to a bright future, these guys and lady are no one trick ponies!
Julia is a model for Yves St Lauren and the band have had wide acclaim since their emergence on the scene. Apparently the launch party for "Show Me Your Seven Secrets" was filled to the brim, such as the growing reputation for this band has grown. There is an excitement about this band that can only get bigger, they are original and they work hard.
My case in point about the genre hopping, on the first E.P. the song "Tame Impala" is lurking in Deep Purple/Led Zeppelin/Kula Shaker territory while on the new album, "Wall Watcher" is an in-your-face aggressive Indie Punk rocker. Original and unique, I hope this band gets global success as I would like to hear more, its intriguing stuff!
Popular posts from this blog
- KINA GRANNIS
- NEW MUSIC EAR HALLOWEEN SPECIAL - "SCARY ROCKERS!"...
- BECKY G
- BETTY WHO
- FIRE TIGER
- NOTHING BUT THIEVES
- SABRINA CARPENTER
- FOREVER STILL
- SEASON OF GHOSTS
- DEBATE ARTICLE - "WHAT MAKES AN IDOL AND ICON?"
- THE RUA
- WOLF ALICE
- CHASING DRAGONS
- NEW MUSIC ALBUM REVIEW - THE FIREFLYS - "THE ILLUM...
- MIRANDA MULHOLLAND
- RACHEL COLLIS
- NEW MUSIC ALBUM REVIEW - VIRGINIA HAZE - "GENUINE"...
- THE APRIL MAZE
- SUNNY OZELL
- HANNAH BOLEYN
- THEME ARTICLE - "NEW MUSIC EAR'S TRIBUTE TO A MUSI...
- MOOSE BLOOD
- MEILYR JONES
- SUNFLOWER BEAN
- FRANKI LOVE
- ABIGAIL BLAKE/HYDRA LERNA
- JOSEPH & MAIA
- NEW MUSIC EAR CHRISTMAS SPECIAL - "LOVE, FUN AND S...
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - INDIE ROCK BAND "THE ARGUES"
- NEW MUSIC ALBUM REVIEW - THE CORRIDORS - "END OF T...
- NEW MUSIC ALBUM REVIEW - MARIKA RAUSCHER - "A BROK...
- NEW MUSIC E.P. REVIEW - SONIC CARTEL - "SONIC CART...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - ADAM & THE ANTS - "KINGS OF...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - DURAN DURAN - "RIO"
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - BLUES AND COUNTRY ARTIST "LUCY...
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - ROCK ARTIST "KALEB MCKANE"
- DEBATE ARTICLE - "HAVE DJ's AND PRODUCERS TAKEN OV...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - BON JOVI - "SLIPPERY WHEN W...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - BLONDIE - "EAT TO THE BEAT"...
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - ROCK BAND "STARTS HILL"
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - EUROPE - "THE FINAL COUNTDO...
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - FOLK AND BLUES ARTIST "SEPHTY"...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - SPANDAU BALLET - "TRUE"
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - SOUL ARTIST "ELSA CHAPMAN"
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - INXS - "LISTEN LIKE THIEVES...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - MADONNA - "LIKE A PRAYER"
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - ALTERNATIVE ROCK BAND "CURSE O...
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - COUNTRY ROCK ARTIST "CHANCE MC...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - ERASURE - "THE INNOCENTS"
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD -...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - TORI AMOS - "LITTLE EARTHQU...