The Rua are Irish family trio Roseanna (guitar/lead vocals), Alana (piano/vocals) and Jonathan (violin/vocals) Brown. The band have just released their debut album, "Essence" which was produced by Bob Rose (The Beach Boys/George Harrison) and they are joined on tour by such Rock luminaries as bassist Nigel Harrison (Blondie) and drummer Clive Deamer (Portishead/Radiohead/Robert Plant/Siouxsie Soux). It is a unique blend Rock, Pop, Folk and hints to the 70s but always keeps an Irish feel. The vocals and melodies are crafted superbly.
You may have seen the three faces in the Harry Potter movies, the band are heavily influence by films and also music artists as diverse as Taylor Swift, Debussy, The Corrs and The Cranberries! The siblings all live together in Windsor, England and have Classical backgrounds singing in choirs and sometimes learning pieces in other languages!
I was looking for new bands to review on YouTube and came across "Fight For What's Right" by The Rua. Powerful vocals and beautiful melodies and strings which immediately brings the comparison to The Corrs but this is a brilliant record. I instantly fell in love with this song and kept playing it a few times.
The album "Essence" is a brilliant debut, "Fire And Lies" is akin to classic Fleetwood Mac while "I'm Ok" is an upbeat positive track in the vein of Taylor Swift. "Stand Down" is a lovely ballad which shows the versatility of the band. The future looks bright for this talented young trio!
Popular posts from this blog
- KINA GRANNIS
- NEW MUSIC EAR HALLOWEEN SPECIAL - "SCARY ROCKERS!"...
- BECKY G
- BETTY WHO
- FIRE TIGER
- NOTHING BUT THIEVES
- SABRINA CARPENTER
- FOREVER STILL
- SEASON OF GHOSTS
- DEBATE ARTICLE - "WHAT MAKES AN IDOL AND ICON?"
- THE RUA
- WOLF ALICE
- CHASING DRAGONS
- NEW MUSIC ALBUM REVIEW - THE FIREFLYS - "THE ILLUM...
- MIRANDA MULHOLLAND
- RACHEL COLLIS
- NEW MUSIC ALBUM REVIEW - VIRGINIA HAZE - "GENUINE"...
- THE APRIL MAZE
- SUNNY OZELL
- HANNAH BOLEYN
- THEME ARTICLE - "NEW MUSIC EAR'S TRIBUTE TO A MUSI...
- MOOSE BLOOD
- MEILYR JONES
- SUNFLOWER BEAN
- FRANKI LOVE
- ABIGAIL BLAKE/HYDRA LERNA
- JOSEPH & MAIA
- NEW MUSIC EAR CHRISTMAS SPECIAL - "LOVE, FUN AND S...
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - INDIE ROCK BAND "THE ARGUES"
- NEW MUSIC ALBUM REVIEW - THE CORRIDORS - "END OF T...
- NEW MUSIC ALBUM REVIEW - MARIKA RAUSCHER - "A BROK...
- NEW MUSIC E.P. REVIEW - SONIC CARTEL - "SONIC CART...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - ADAM & THE ANTS - "KINGS OF...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - DURAN DURAN - "RIO"
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - BLUES AND COUNTRY ARTIST "LUCY...
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - ROCK ARTIST "KALEB MCKANE"
- DEBATE ARTICLE - "HAVE DJ's AND PRODUCERS TAKEN OV...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - BON JOVI - "SLIPPERY WHEN W...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - BLONDIE - "EAT TO THE BEAT"...
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - ROCK BAND "STARTS HILL"
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - EUROPE - "THE FINAL COUNTDO...
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - FOLK AND BLUES ARTIST "SEPHTY"...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - SPANDAU BALLET - "TRUE"
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - SOUL ARTIST "ELSA CHAPMAN"
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - INXS - "LISTEN LIKE THIEVES...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - MADONNA - "LIKE A PRAYER"
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - ALTERNATIVE ROCK BAND "CURSE O...
- NEW MUSIC PROFILE - COUNTRY ROCK ARTIST "CHANCE MC...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - ERASURE - "THE INNOCENTS"
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD -...
- CLASSIC ALBUM REVIEW - TORI AMOS - "LITTLE EARTHQU...